New effective light- and thermo-resistant biocide preparations (so-called “nanoantibiotics” of a new generation) are proposed for the treatment and prolonged disinfection of wound dressings and sanitary materials, clothes and military camouflage, аnd also for disinfection of fish aquariums (or ponds) and pools.
PROJECT IDEA: to create novel biocide preparations based on polymer/inorganic hybrids and metal nanoparticles with a wide antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal action, with respect to which microorganisms do not develop resistance.
Polymer/inorganic matrix with spherical metal nanoparticles
ADVANTAGES OF OUR “NANOANTIBIOTICS”:
• they contain biocompatible nontoxic components and very small (< 10 nm) metal nanoparticles;
• possess a high biocide activity against numerous bacteria, fungi and viruses;
• are stable in time (up to 2 years) and are resistant to the light and temperature action;
• retain their bactericidal/fungicidal effect to very low concentrations;
• show a high adhesion to wound dressings and tissues of various natures;
• their solutions could be used as spray for processing of linen, clothes and camouflage;
• comprise components, which are widely available, that allows quickly adjusting their production in Ukraine;
• could widely be applied as biocide agents for disinfection of fish aquariums or ponds without any biological risks.